NOTE: Blues Starter Kit quantities are limited. Lead times may vary as we fulfill customer orders in the coming weeks!
The Blues Starter Kit contains everything you need to start building connected solutions with the Notecard and Notehub. Start with the Swan (an STM32-based host MCU), slot it into the Notecarrier F (the Blues development board), and use the Notecard (with LTE Cat-1 Cellular or Wi-Fi) to build your connected app.
- Notecard Cell+WiFi (Global LTE Cat-1 and 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi)
- Notecarrier F
- Flexible dual Cellular and GPS antenna
Key Notecard Cell+WiFi Specs
- Includes a secure element with a factory-installed ECC P-384 certificate, provisioned at chip manufacture.
- Integrated GPS and accelerometer.
- Designed to operate on battery power, be "always-on" to maintain time and location, while typically drawing less than 18µA@5V, when idle.
- Bundled with 10 years of service and 500MB of cellular data.
- No cellular subscriptions, SIM fees, or monthly minimums apply.
- PTCRB Certified Module.
The Notecard Cell+WiFi included in the kit is designed to be used globally and uses a Telit LE910C1-WWXD modem that connects to LTE Cat-1 / WCDMA / GSM networks. See the Notecard Cell+WiFi product page and the Notecard Cell+WiFi datasheet for additional details.
Notecarrier F is a companion development board designed for rapid prototyping with Adafruit Feather-based host microcontrollers. It can be used with any Feather-compatible device and includes Qwiic ports for connecting I2C peripherals. See the Notecarrier F product page and the Notecarrier F datasheet for additional details.
Swan is a low-cost, embeddable STM32L4-based microcontroller designed to accelerate the development and deployment of battery-powered IoT solutions. It is especially useful for applications requiring a large amount of memory or a high degree of I/O expandability at an affordable cost, such as edge inferencing or remote monitoring. See the Swan product page and the Swan datasheet for additional details.
The flexible dual Cellular and GPS antenna has a supported frequency range of 698 MHz to 4.0 GHz with a u.FL terminator.
Sparrow is a developer toolkit that aims to help you lower communication costs by using shared Cellular or Wi-Fi connectivity with a cluster of low-cost LoRa sensors.
With Sparrow, our familiar JSON-based development experience is extended all the way down to individual LoRa sensor nodes: JSON is sent from sensors to the LoRa gateway, securely routed through the Notecard, then on to Notehub and your cloud app of choice.
The Sparrow Development Kit contains everything you need to get started building device cluster applications with the Notecard.
- Notecard WiFi v1
- Notecarrier A
- 2 Sparrow Reference Sensors with onboard motion (PIR), temp, and humidity (BME280) sensors in a ready-to-deploy enclosure
- 3 Sparrow Essentials Boards (one for Gateway and two for adding your own sensors)
- 4 AAA Lithium batteries for the reference sensors
- 3 CR2032 coin cell batteries for the Essentials Boards
- STLINK-V3MINI for sensor programming
- USB Cable
- Female-to-Female JST SH (Qwiic) connector for turning your Notecard and Notecarrier into a LoRa gateway